- 1 year
Grain & Oil Seed Storage Fumigation with Ozone
Aeolus is leading ozone generation system provider for numerous applications with quick and simple integration into the processes.
Pest Control (insects and microorganisms including mould, fungi and bacteria) development in stored grains and oil seeds is essential at the time of storage after harvest. It is a great challenge since it currently leads to a grain yield loss around 3-10% in developed countries, and can reach 50% in certain countries if proper steps cannot be taken. Insects, particularly weevils, and fungi cause losses in stored grains amounting to millions every year.
Grain Remediation is a growing topic and rightfully so. Currently the main weapons against these pests are a few varieties of chemicals; some of which will be restricted due to environmental issues. Concerns are also being raised regarding increasing resistance by the pests to the remaining ones. Use of temperature, heat treatment, and physical exclusion have been among these non-chemical alternatives.
Ozone gas as a fumigant has shown promise in controlling stored-grain and oil seed insect pests. In addition to being toxic to insects, ozone gas is unstable and decays naturally into diatomic oxygen. Ozone is a high-oxidizing agent that will react, when it is in contact with any organic molecule. Therefore, with its strong sterilizing properties, it can reduce contamination of fungal spores and toxins located in the outer surface of the grain kernel.
One method of decontamination for a flatoxin-affected commodities that has been a focus of attention is ozonation, a physical/chemical oxidation method. Several studies undertaken previously had established the effectiveness of ozonation as a decontamination process. It has been found to be effective in reducing a flatoxin levels by as much as 95%.
Our ozone generation is simple, low cost, dependable and environment friendly technology to be applied during grain storage in-land or in containers before shipping.
Our ozone generators are 100% made in India and hence it deliver best performance in Indian weather conditions.
Benefits of using Ozone in Fumigation of grains:
It destroys aflatoxins and other mycotoxins
- It acts as a fumigant and insecticide
- Ozone stops mould growth. It is very easy to integrate
- It is environment friendly
- It generated on-site - the need to store and dispose of chemical containers is eliminated.
- Ozone does not damage the product
- It leaves no harmful residues
Grain & Oil Seed Storage Fumigation with Ozone Details:
- 1 Per Month
- 1 Week
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Tripura, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Pondicherry, Punjab, Odisha, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Delhi, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, West India, East India, North India, Central India, South India, All India
Lg-15, Dada Bhagwan Complex, Nh 8, Nr. Kamrej Char Rasta, Kamrej Surat Gujarat India +918037301845