- 1 year
In recirculating aquaculture systems(RAS), particulates including faeces, uneaten feed, bacteria, and algae cancause several problems, in that they may harbour pathogens, can physicallyirritate the fish, and upon decomposition, release ammonia and consume oxygen.
Bacterial and viral diseases create serious problems in semi-intensive and intensive aquaculture. Use of surface water in flow-through systems represents a risk of contamination by introducing water borne fish pathogenic microorganisms. Such contamination results in heavy losses in aquaculture worldwide, and has also limited the progress in commercial farming of new aqua cultural species.
Ozone is used in aquaculture systems as a disinfectant, to remove organic carbon, and also to remove turbidity, algae, colour, odor and taste. Ozone can effectively inactivate a range of bacterial, viral, fungal and protozoan fish pathogens.
The effectiveness of ozone treatment depends on ozone concentration, length of ozone exposure (contact time), pathogen loads and levels of organic matter. Inspite of ozone is a very effective oxidizing agent, higher ozone concentrations are a risk to cultured fish stocks causing gross tissue damage and stock mortalities, and also are a risk to bacterial films on the bio filter.
Ozone has seen wide use in aquaculture because it has a rapid reaction rate, produces few harmful reaction by-products in fresh water and oxygen is produced as a reaction end-product. Ozone is an extremely reactive oxidant and a very effective bactericide and viricide.
Ozone is increasingly used inaquaculture due to its numerous advantages over traditional water treatmentmethods. Supplementing or replacing an existing system, ozone implementationhas the potential to boost the competitive advantage of your aquacultureapplication.
Why Ozone Use is growing inAquaculture
- It effectively removes organics, pesticides, discoloration, and nitrates.
- Typically unconsumed ozone reverts back to oxygen, leaving no harmful residuals behind.
- Ozone oxidizes long chain molecules, which are unaffected by biofiltration.
- Ozone involves far lower risk of accidental pollution in comparison to other water treatment methods.
- O3 improves the effectiveness of biological and particulate filtration.
Contact team Aeolus now, for you Aquaculture Solutions!
- 1 Week
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- Africa, Middle East, Asia
- West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Tripura, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Pondicherry, Punjab, Odisha, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Delhi, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, West India, East India, North India, Central India, South India, All India
Lg-15, Dada Bhagwan Complex, Nh 8, Nr. Kamrej Char Rasta, Kamrej Surat Gujarat India +918068097409