Horticulture Ozone Generator by Aeolus
Disinfection in Horticulture is the major challenge and Aeolus has come up with cost effective and sustainable solution - Use of Ozone
Farmers have had to use biocides and other disinfecting agents such as chlorine, peroxides and ultraviolet light to keep pathogens under control. Chlorination is an effective method of combating pathogens but its residual effects can harm plant life.
Ultraviolet light systems kill bacteria in the immediate vicinity but have no effect on pathogens further downstream.
The use of ozone in horticulture and farming has become fairly widespread in recent years. These processes vary from special insect control through washing and cleaning to post harvest storage and the processing of the final product.
Ozone breaks down into oxygen creating increased root-zone oxygen content and improved plant growth.
Ozonated water has long been used abroad in green houses, out-of-ground and in open field cultivations and, by now, it is increasingly used even in Italy given the excellent results obtained without using chemical products
Some applications of ozonated water areas below:
- Irrigation for the elimination of bacteria and micro-organisms which damage the plant from its germination stage and the removal of moulds, root rot and fungi;
- Green houses praying for the elimination and reduction of insects and pests;
- Pre-treatment of soils to sterilize the soil before sowing;
- Immersion of pots of soil in ozonated water for the disinfection of cuttings;
- Treatment of water used for irrigation in order to eliminate algae, heavy metals such as iron and manganese and related bacteria (eg iron bacteria, mangano-bacteria, etc.) present in artificial basins and inside the pipes - all aimed at the maximum water reuse;
Ozone is safe for plant nutrients. Tests show that ozone does not affect phosphorus or potassium levels. Ozone's powerful oxidising action can cause iron to precipitate out of a solution when ozone is present in very high levels.
Ozone dissolves 12 times more easily in water than oxygen. Aqueous ozone breaks down into oxygen and boosts the level of oxygen in the water. This oxygen enriched water feeds the plant's root development which improves plant health and growth. Beneficial aerobic bacteria also thrive in this oxygen rich environment. The increase in oxygen means that many diseased plants are quick to recover. Pathogens are also less likely to take hold of healthy plants.
Contact Aeolus now for effective Solutions!
Lg-15, Dada Bhagwan Complex, Nh 8, Nr. Kamrej Char Rasta, Kamrej, Surat, Gujarat, 394185, India